- 1 c quinoa
- 6 baby red potatoes, diced
- 3 stocks celery, diced
- 1 med. white onion, diced
- 12 oz. wild caught salmon
- olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Old Bay seasoning
Follow cooking instructions for quinoa…
- Typically add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and lower the temperature to simmer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed and the quinoa produces halos.
While quinoa is cooking…
- Add 1 T olive oil, potatoes, onion, and celery to a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture is browned and the potatoes are fork tender.
Combine quinoa and veggies in a large bowl. Add all herbs and spices to taste. Return the quinoa and veggie mixture to the skillet and reduce the temperature to medium low.
To prepare the salmon…
- Lightly coat the salmon on one side with olive oil, pink Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Gently set the salmon in the skillet oil-side down.
- Drizzle the other side of the salmon with oil and lightly salt and pepper.
- When the sides of the salmon begin to whiten, flip the salmon and cook for approximately one minute. To keep the salmon from becoming over done, make sure it retains a light pink color.
- Begin breaking the salmon apart with a spoon or spatula until the salmon is close to bite-size.
Add salmon to quinoa mix. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Makes approximately 4 servings