| Category: Technique
Here are some notes on combating performance anxiety.
Ways to combat performance anxiety:
- Visualize your performance
- Put the moment into perspective
- Try playing cold turkey
- Wear yourself out first (running up a flight of stairs before playing does this perfectly)
- Tape yourself
- Have others listen
- Deep breaths
- Stay hydrated
- Practice technique and success are directly correlated to your nerves.
- Pick your goals, and make them attainable.
- Measure your success yourself.